Re: RestClient and SSL stores/default paths

David Ljung Madison <librelist.com@...>

Actually, unless you're doing mutual SSL authentication with the
server, you should not pass an :ssl_client_cert option. Is your
server live somewhere so that we can test?
Unfortunately it's a work server for a startup, so not really.

I don't think I need mutual SSL authentication. This is a site
that works just fine with a browser, so it seems to figure it out.

I take it the :ssl_client_cert option is for the server's cert that I'm connecting to, and I don't need that?

Regardless, I've tried it with:

rc = RestClient::Resource.new(
url,
:timeout => 200,
:ssl_ca_file => "/etc/ssl/certs/Go_Daddy_Class_2_CA.pem",
:verify_ssl => OpenSSL::SSL::VERIFY_PEER
)

And it doesn't work:

SSL Verification failed -- Preverify: false, Error: unable to get issuer certificate (2)

What do I need to do with RestClient to get it to act like the
browser or like Net::HTTP using the default store?

Dave

Dave Ljung Madison http://GetDave.com/ 415.341.5555
--- "Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. ---

Join main@rest-client.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.