Re: examples

Tom Allison <tom@...>

No windows.
But I do have a HTTP proxy that works similarly.

- T (iPhone)

On Feb 29, 2012, at 12:16, Charles S van der Linden <sqapro@...> wrote:

It only works on Windows as far as I know, so if you are on another
platform you'd need to find a similar tool.

I use it a lot when developing steps. in cucumber that use rest_client
I have a $test_debug_mode variable I set based on an environment
variable, and then in env.rb I have

RestClient.proxy = 'http://127.0.0.1:8888/' if $test_debug_mode

which tells rest client to pump everything through fiddler, it allows
me to easily see exactly what was sent and received, (reformatted
thanks to fiddler to be super easy to make sense of)

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 5:28 PM, Tom Allison <tom@...> wrote:
Fiddler2... I'll check it out. Thank you.

- T (iPhone)

On Feb 28, 2012, at 19:11, Charles S van der Linden <sqapro@...> wrote:

IF you are unsure or don't have a clear spec, I would use something
like fiddler2 to observe 'normal' interaction by making manual
requests using a browser, or browser with a rest-testing plugin. See
how the session ID is passed back and forth. Is it a header value,
part of the querystring or something else? there's more than one way
to skin that cat.

Then emulate what the site expects. it's easy to specify header
values or querystring values

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 12:03 PM, Tom Allison <tom@...> wrote:
Are there any examples of how this can be used with a session_id based
authentication?

Join main@rest-client.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.